Focus on the Customer: The customer is our North Star.
- Focus on customer needs and work backwards from there.
- Do what is best for the customer even if that isn’t the best thing for the company.
Integrity and Communication: We win by saying what we mean, doing what we say, and trusting each other to do the same.
- We speak our truth, even when it’s uncomfortable.
- We assume good intent but don’t hesitate to call out bias or injustice.
- We ask questions when we don’t understand.
- We simplify the complex. We strive for clarity and brevity to explain complex topics, but can dive into the details when needed.
- We can disagree and still love each other.
Complete Responsibility: We take responsibility for execution, metrics, and iteration. Nothing falls through the cracks.
- There are no excuses. If something has to get done, it gets done.
- We take responsibility. We don’t say “Not my job.” We are responsible for our outcomes. If someone else is struggling, it’s our job to help.
- We are transparent and own our mistakes. We like to be the first person to call out our own errors.
Excellence in Execution: We do the work.
- We constantly improve. We run retrospectives and root cause analyses, and continuously hold ourselves to a higher standard.
- We are resourceful and work with what we have. We strive to produce high quality, detailed work, even with low quality materials. We can disarm a bomb with a swiss army knife and duct tape.
- We can zoom in and zoom out. We know the details of the work and we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty. We also can take a step back and make sure that our work is aligned with our team, the company, and our customers.
- We deliver results. We do whatever it takes to get the right outcome for our customers and our company.
Fast, Data-Driven Decisions: We make the best decisions possible with the information currently available.
- We don’t wait for approval. The person who has the most information should make the decision. If there is a mistake, we will own it.
- If a decision is reversible, we prefer speed to precision. But we still look at the data.
- We seek diverse perspectives and work to challenge our own beliefs.
- We run experiments to inform our decisions. Where we disagree, data settles the discussion.
- We commit to team decisions. Once a decision is made, we execute flawlessly, even if we disagree.